Edinburgh Fringe Producer
Edinburgh Festival 2018
Plosive Productions is looking for a reliable and dedicated Producer to help deliver its ambitious series of comedy shows at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2018.
At Plosive Productions we’re passionate about bold and innovative comedy. We run regular live nights in London, Margate and Wells, as well as the annual Wells Comedy Festival in Somerset. We produce audio podcasts including Why Is Your Bottom So Dirty? and the Audible Presents series. In 2018, we are bringing a carefully selected roster of four exciting and original shows to the Fringe, and are looking for someone to oversee the day-to-day running of these shows. For more information on what we do, visit www.plosive.co.uk.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, comedy-loving Producer to look after the day-to-day running of Plosive’s shows at the Edinburgh Fringe, duties to include:
- Liaising with acts on a daily basis, being present at shows and offering support
- Monitoring sales and co-ordinating marketing activity
- Managing and motivating a small street team of flyerers
- Stage managing/show running shows
- Venue management
- Technical operation of shows where necessary
- Overall responsibility for booking comp/press tickets
- Sourcing props
- Monitoring press coverage and keeping reviews on flyers and posters up to date
- General administrative support
- Other duties that may arise as necessary – this list is not exhaustive and in a festival environment all sorts of tasks may be required last minute!
The idea candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A love of comedy and a passion for the shows Plosive produces
- Experience of producing or running events
- Stage Management/Technical experience
- Experience of the Edinburgh Fringe and/or knowledge of Edinburgh
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- The ability to work as part of a small team, but also to take responsibility where necessary
- A creative approach to marketing shows and selling tickets
- IT skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Photoshop
- Social media knowledge and skills
Fee: £1000 – accommodation and travel to/from Edinburgh can be provided if necessary
Dates: July 28 2018 – August 28 2018
Please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Closing date is 11pm on Monday May 28. Interviews will take place in early June.